Sunday 7 October 2007

A Blend of The East and The West

Sometimes a mix of two different elements may seem awkward. Not in the case of 4th aunt's lovely home. She remembers her roots, and this is evident in this picture of her house common lounge.

Common lounge

At dining table, we would have several languages in our conversation. This is also a nice blend worth noting.. My aunt would speak to me and WC in english and hokkien.. She would then automatically switch to her German tongue when she speaks to Uncle Siegfried (her husband) or to my cousins.. WC also speaks to my cousins in German, and it's fun to hear them converse and i always try to catch their conversation. most of the time, i would know the gist of their conversation, but not the entire story. then one of them would have to translate the whole thing to me. ahah..

i always love to see how different cultures mix and match. my extended family is huge, and i am fortunate to have many relatives who introduce new culture to the family. WC always says that he would be drown within my big family. ahaha.. Many pictures to follow.

Aunt's Haus (house) from the garden view

Chopped firewood, for winter use.

An apple tree in the garden, a birthday present for Uncle Siegfried from family.

No comments: