Tuesday 16 September 2008

16th September 2008: First day of PRP life

Was so anxious that i kicked myself out of bed as early as 5am today. Took a quick 'bull'-shower, took a light breakfast and stormed to Ipoh very early in the morning. I was plainly anticipating my placement as a PRP!

What's a PRP? It stands for Provisionally Registered Pharmacist. Life of a pharmacist for the first year. It is going to be a tough year, but i will be earning lots of working experiences, skills, techniques and knowledge before i can be fit to be fully registered with the Board.

I could now thank my lucky stars for having able to work at my choice of placement. I asked for the Taiping Hospital and I'm very happy to get it!!! After receiving the letter of approval from the Ipoh department, I rushed back to Taiping and reported to the Pejabat Kesihatan and then to the Taiping Hospital.

Colleagues and supervisors are very nice ppl, i can tell from first impressions. :) Many familiar faces too! mostly are seniors from high school.

Will work hard, play hard & earn hard from now on! Man, I do start to miss the life of a student now! Good luck to all the other pharmacists-to-be!!! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey cpl..goodluck!!haha..2 weeks of PRP life d arr..yah i too miss d life of being a student without much responsibilities and stress..take care and keep in touch ya..hugz:)

ti3nD said...

gambateh there yeah ms pharmacist, share with us of life as a pharmacist yeah! :)