Monday 29 December 2008

Breads


I am not an all-time bread lover, but i do fancy most types of breads. :) I love breads, ranging from the normal plain toast (like those in Siang Malam), to those with ingredients and toppings.

oh, provided, they must be fresh of course. :) I've never personally been to a real bakery where bread and pastry are prepared, but I once captured a video of Frau Grau (a german lady) baking fresh bread in a traditional German way. She does it not as a job, but she bakes almost every other week, and the amount she does is enormous, enough to last her whole family for many days.

Speaking of which, i find the practice very interesting. Firstly, there is no additives added (hence she bakes frequently to provide fresh bread supply for the family), it is cost saving (no electricity, no gas), and the bread can be prepared to one's taste (she has her own recipe for each type of bread, of course). On top of all, the most unique thing is that a huge stone-oven is used, instead of any other normal oven. I believe (and tried with my very own tongue!), the aroma and taste of the breads are unique their own!

Bread is said to be one of the oldest prepared foods, and it is a staple food in many parts of the world. I guess that's how the word 'breadwinner' is coined? :)

And now, time to for getting some real sleep. I need to work tomorrow and i cant seem to be bothered about not being sleepy yet at this wee hour.

1 comment:

Chung said...

yuummmmm~~~~~!!!!!