Sunday 13 July 2008

Schweizer Alpen

And I'm missing the Alps now. On that very day, the mountains were especially spectacular. they spoke to my heart. they sang to my ears. they dance to my eyes... They were simply beautiful.

My very first experience with the Alps was actually at the Untersberg in Austria, a place so fond to my heart thanks to the the Sound of Music. And this summer, I'm glad to be at the Swiss Alps, right from the bottom of the hill to the top of the Pilatus Mountain, overlooking other parts of the Alps range of mountains.


The Golden Round Trip was enriching, bringing us around with different modes of transportations.. from the ship cruise to the bus and to the world-steepest cogwheel and finally to the cable-car. The only thing that we missed out this time around was the Tobogan! But it was okay that we missed out the Tobogan, for we had a good slow ascent to the top of the mountain!
It was unforgettable, it was as though seeing the familiar Alps pictures coming alive with my very own eyes.

1 comment:

ti3nD said...

show us more pics! i wanna go there also :P