Tuesday 8 July 2008

The summer crops

It's been many months since the last post.. It's a wonder how the days passed quickly since exam finito.

Have grown even more over the past two summer months. Many things happened. I witnessed many occasions for the first time in my entire life. I learnt a great deal, especially about my roots. about relationship, about family, about myself.


it's difficult to express these experiences verbally, it's difficult to let these kind of noble feelings to be manifested in words...

And today, my aunt and I stopped by the fields where the summer crops are planted. She was eager to show me the differences between the barley, wheat and oats. As the
wind blew across the vast fields in all directions, the crops swayed freely, in sync with the wind... i stood silently and watched. the crops seemed so free and unimpeded.. But, it's amazing how the roots held them strong to the ground despite all the chaotic and unpredictable movements on the aerial part.


And now i know, how important it is to understand our own roots. I am the type who loves to venture out. to try new things. to witness new stuff. to embrace new experience. but at the end of the day, regardless of which ground I am on, I know that I must always hold on to my roots; just like how the summer crops do.

.

No comments: