Monday 30 March 2009

Pounding through the rapids!

When someone speaks of white water rafting in Malaysia, the first place that comes to mind is usually Sungai Padas, Sabah. I was in Sabah somewhere 2005, but after the Mt KK adventure, my hiking group had no time (and energy, of course!) to try any other roving activities there. and at that moment, i thought it was a great miss for not trying the white water rafting along the beautiful popular Sg Padas.

2 years later, in 2007, I went on my first raft with a bunch of my girl friends at Sungai Kampar, Perak. Well, i must say that the adventure itself as a first timer was good, but i expected a better one!! perhaps because i have read so much about Sg Padas, and so the river rafting in Sg Kampar was considered mild after all (plus, it was dry season at the time we went). oh well, of course I had a great deal doing crazy fun things like this together with the bunch of girls!

And now in 2009, I've heard so much about Kuala Kubu Baru - they have water rafting along Sungai Selangor! And some folks were organising a trip there last weekend. I'm really glad that i didnt miss it this time!!! There were 4 rafts altogether (a small group which is a good thing to avoid waitings and delays), with a commander, and a guide in each.

To me, a positive water rafting experience is not only about the thrills and adrenaline rushes, but also the wildlife, the scenery, the breathtaking views, the clear cold water and the list goes on. The range of mountains were simply beautiful from the river. It was all perfect, including the weather!

And right now, I'm head over heels in love with river rafting. And the best part is to get all the muscle sores after the long day. :)

The roaring water!

And this raft capsized 1 second after this picture was snapped!

Pounding through the rapids


I was in that raft!

This must be at one of the grand rapids!

*photos courtesy of Pie and Co. :) Thanks!

And i'm left here thinking, how nice if i could do it again, with someone whom i know will enjoy this as well.

2 comments:

bengsoon chuah said...

Intense!!!!

Let's just say that someone who will do it with you again is me.. at least, I will be one of them. :D heh

p-Ling said...

ahah! so sweeetttt of you, thanks dude! hey, read about rafting in colorado, man, it's so appealing!!!