Monday 16 March 2009

Unexpected colours

Today, the dawn broke to an ash grey sky with dull clouds over the Pearl of the Orient. It was not the most beautiful Sunday morning, i thought. I shuddered at that thought initially, but i cautiously reminded myself, "The day can be beautiful if I choose it to be".

Keeping that in mind, my sis and I finally decided to go on a morning drive around Penang. It was at Jalan Mahsuri off the PISA whereby my perception of the day changed completely... for we both saw the most beautiful tones of colours ever.

Clusters of pinks and whites were seen among the green leaves on the trees. We have heard about the cherry blossoms in Penang, but we never knew they were so pretty and the colours were so vividly overwhelming.

I've been on this road many times previously, but i have never seen anything like this before. Little did i know that those trees along this road bear such gorgeous flowers. They were the cherry blossoms, and when the flowers were all in bloom together, they offered such brilliant colours, as though reminding me that the Spring was here. It was massive, a pure joy, a true gift from Mother Nature.



As the day turned brighter, many drivers started pulling up by the side of the road. Some just watched the blooms from afar. Some started taking photos from their camera-phones. There were even professional-looking photographers with tripods, flashes, umbrella reflector and what not. I was simply amazed!



As I went on down the road, there was one particular tree which appealed to me most. It was alone on its own, well separated from the other rows of trees. It looked lonely as well - with no immediate neighbours, unlike the others. The tree shed its flowers onto its own territory, as though dotting its own shadow on the ground.



I stood silently before the tree, and I knew that it was smiling unto me. :) It was a warm greeting, and it was soothing to know that even the loneliest tree was decorated with bright pink flowers.

Unknowingly, I was already smiling to myself. I looked up the sky - the dark clouds from the dawn had cleared up, and the blue azure sky was now apparent. It was a therapeutic morning. :)

2 comments:

bengsoon chuah said...

how did those trees get there??? that's so amazing!!

p-Ling said...

they have always been there. i'll brimng you there next time around k?