Monday 16 November 2009


"... I get lost in the beauty
Of everything I see
The world ain't as half as bad
As they paint it to be..."

I decided to leave work at 5 sharp the other day, put on my trainers and went for a jog. After running a couple of rounds, i explored this little quaint town a bit with my camera and car, and I saw this little lake just off the main road. As I pulled up by the sandy bay, I saw an old couple fishing at the lake, with birds flying above them, and a soft breeze blowing against them - they were both wearing a peaceful look on their faces - such a tranquil moment for them, I thought.

And today is exactly one solid month since i left home to this new place. Senior staffs have been very warm and nice, and I noticed that the people here are generally cordial. The best thing is that, patients here seem to be friendlier and happier-looking too, and this gives a sense of satisfaction at the end of any tiring day.

Indeed, to adjust to a new place quickly, I realise that it's so much easier if we look at the positive side of things. For a big hospital in a relatively small town like this, I'm sure I'm here for a reason. And i'm starting to see the rationale of it.

I'll go back to that lake one day again. Just to chill and to watch the sunset, maybe.

4 comments:

Miss Lime said...

Quaint towns always have a special serene effect. These are moments of bliss that one might not enjoy in the hectic city of KL, where people are always in a hurry, tensed and agitated, ruthless and always in an unnecessary adrenaline rush mode.

Nevertheless, enjoy the calmness with a watchful eye while alone. I am paranoid as always. Love you.

Wilde's Child

bengsoon chuah said...

i think you definitely are there for a purpose. =) you're instrumental and you make a difference.

Anonymous said...

nice picture u have there =)

Anonymous said...

伊莉视频影片区 , ing视讯聊天网 , ut视讯聊天交友 , 成人聊天室 , 色情聊天室 , 色情视频聊天室 , 聊天交友网站 , mfc视讯网 , 视讯网 , ut聊天