Saturday 27 March 2010

To believe


"When I'm able to walk on my own two feet again, when I'm able to manouver the steering wheel one fine day, I will come to see you on my own, doctor. I promise..."

Those were the most uplifting words I have heard since many months ago. So restorative they are, they also heal the heart of a listener like me. Those were the words which upraise my tainted heart after encountering so many lifeless souls and disheartened spirits at the medical house.

Indeed, there is no one else better to believe in, except for you yourself.

I hope, he will be able to make it one day, to walk on his own two feet again without aids, to drive a car and meet his doctor and proudly say "I've made it".

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's true. I realised, aftr 4 years of practising, I have sometimes grown numb wheneve I need to break some cold hard truth to patients or family members. Yet, I have many patients who came back to me with a positive insight about their conditions and what they wanna do about it. Honestly, it is those kind of good-spirit that keep our motivation going on.

Anonymous said...

he will make it =)