Sunday 26 April 2009

Minesweeper

Everyone probably knows what the Minesweeper game is, but how many would really find it an interesting game to play? or rather, how many would even bother opening that application which is ubiquitously found in most Windows OS?

It is such a simple game that it doesnt require a speedy graphic video card, nor a boost in the audio system. It doesnt demand an incredibly high RAM, nor does it occupy even a gig of your space! It's so modest a game, that you prolly need only a good working mouse to play it, and a wee bit of common sense, of course!

To me, it is not just a game that is located in the Start --> All Programs --> Games. In fact, it is another of my favourite childhood games which can get me addicted to the PC for hours long. Even though the presentation of the game is plain and non-decorative, I actually find it a mind-boggling puzzle game!

The rule of thumb in this game? Very simple - the number in a square tells you how many mines there are adjacent to that square. We have to use some Mathematics to play it. I still remember how teachers in Convent taught us the "P if and only if Q" and the "Kebarangkalian" concepts, and that was how i found my love in this simple game. So, it is actually the 'Probability and Logic' game - u get the idea!

Perhaps, finding pleasure in simple things is just my cup of tea. While other teens of my age might be frenzied over games like DOTA, RA, Warcraft and so forth, but i somehow turned myself into a Minesweeper addict when i was still in school.

I stopped playing the game for quite a while now, but after watching the trailer "Minesweeper, the Movie" (thanks, my dear chicken-back-side!), it really makes me recall how much i used to love it, playing again and again just to beat my own high score. It's okay if everyone thinks that it's an old-boring-classic game, but this so-called trailer is definitely bringing the game to live!



Now if i were to play Minesweeper again, i would imagine myself as a real minesweeper - wearing those gung-ho outfits, standing on those grids with mines underneath. Imagining myself planting the flags, anticipating explosions, and the whole shebang! How cool is that!?

2 comments:

bengsoon chuah said...

"why are you really here?"
"i wanna make this lane safe!"
"why are you _really_ here, _soldier?!"
"i'm here because i'm _bored!"

hahahaha.... and the last line "anyone wants to play Hearts?"

screw Hearts, it's stupid.

Miss Lime said...

Pengsan.