Sunday 12 April 2009

Someone from high school

I saw her once at the psychiatric clinic a few months ago. At that time, i was following my senior pharmacist to learn more about discharge dispensing for psychiatric outpatients.

I was about to introduce my name to her, thinking that she may not have remembered so many names from school. but I was surprised when she called me by my name - she even remembered my full name!! I wondered why she visited the psychiatric clinic, she told me that she was under follow-up at the clinic. Of course, I was caught by surprise again - I'm not sure if she was on any medication, but it seemed like she was.

It was just last week, when i bumped into her again at the medical ward. She was at the entrance of the building, and she seemed as though she was lost! I greeted her, and I asked where she was heading to. She was looking anxious and tensed, and she told me one of her relatives just got admitted to the ward, but she wasnt sure which ward was it. She wasnt even sure which floor of the entire building to go to!

I asked her for the relative's particulars, made a call or two, and finally we managed to trace the ward the relative was admitted to. I could see how her face lighted up immediately when she saw the familiar face of her relative in the ward. It was a refreshing scene, at least to me.

She was my Pendidikan Jasmani teacher back in high school. And she taught me only for one month. Thank you for remembering my full name, that shows to me how a teacher really cares for her students.

I hope and pray that her relative is getting well by now.

No comments: